Today, we are wrapping up 2022. As a company, one of the biggest challenges that lies ahead is trying to help shaping a healthier, more sustainable future.
At Asphalion we have integrated the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030 in our corporate strategy during 2022, working actively on 5 of them and we hope that our work and the focus set on the SDGs will help boosting and achieving our mission and vision: improving health in our lives, as well as contributing to improving the environment.
We believe that Corporate Social Responsibility actions are a way of contributing to improving society, making it healthier, fairer and more equal, whilst contributing to the sustainability of the planet and improving the environment.
Asphalion sustainable Development Goals related activities:
- Gender equality: We designed and submitted Asphalion’s equality plan that aims to set in motion an action plan during the next 4 years to guarantee gender equality.
- Life on land: We contributed in our team building in creating birds’ nests to set in a specific wood area close to Barcelona.
- Responsible consumption and production: We renewed our compromise with sustainability with the EcoVadis bronze medal. Furthermore, we recycle at our premises and have implemented measures to save water. Also, we are towards a zero-paper goal and have stopped using plastic cutlery, glasses and bottles.
- Peace and justice: we supported people in crisis through a donation to the Red Cross International in face of the world’s latest developments. Furthermore, we also contributed to Fundació Clínic per a la Recerca Biomèdica (FCRB) and Save the Children.
- Health and well-being: we implemented our AsphaWellbeing platform to boost our employees’ healthy habits. Also, with our participation in several state-of-the-art projects, we contributed in the development of medicines aimed at improving people’s lives.
This year is coming to an end, but we hope we will be able to continue impacting positively in many other SDGs and actions in 2023.
To a year that we hope will bring joy and peace to everyone! Happy 2023!!
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
Additionally, the Global Sustainable Development Report is produced once every four years to inform the quadrennial SDG review deliberations at the General Assembly. It is written by an Independent Group of Scientists appointed by the Secretary-General.